Sunday, August 07, 2005

soccer

Our five game undefeated streak is over. We lost 3-0, thanks in large part to me.

The team we played was young and fast. I was in at right back. For the first goal I got beaten down the line basically on speed, and the guy got a good cross in to the far post that was put away cleanly.

Second goal was a corner kick that came in to the near post, and I Escobar'ed it. I hate that. Right off my chest.

Third goal was a miscommunication between our keeper and sweeper that they pounced on.

Still, they're second place in the league, and two of their goals were soft.

No shots, one decent run up was all.

Injuries: I played on my sprained ankle again, which probably wasn't smart, but I survived. I definitely felt it after a misdirected lunge. I iced it down straight away, and it's okay, but I might skip next week's game if it's not improved.

1 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Lisa D said...

If there were "no shots" can you truly call it an Escobar?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home