Saturday, August 05, 2006

Soccer

Great game today, against a small, fast, and young team, Kooyong, who are vying for the top of the table. We scored, then they scored twice, before we equalized just before halftime. Then we scored again, they equalized, and finally we were awarded a penalty to seal the match. All their goals were soft -- two questionable penalties and scrappy cleanup off a keeper miscue.

I went up for a few corners but nothing came my way. Injuries: scraped left knee, left, forearm, and I kicked the scab off my right heel, which was annoying. I went head-to-head with one of their guys, and took him out completely, but it didn't hurt me at all -- the hard part of my head to the soft part of his. I have some fitness back, and my hip seems completely back in the game. Woot! Good fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home