Sunday, August 27, 2006

Soccer

Another awesome game today, knocking off the number three team (after beating the number one and number two teams in previous weeks). We held off their onslaught through the first half, and had a couple of chances ourselves. Went ahead in the second half off a corner kick, then got another off of a flicked-on throw in. They got one back, then started coming at us in waves, but we held them off. Very satisfying. A little jarring on the brain -- seems like I had a couple of dozen clearing headers. Plus I had to skip breakfast, as my guts were still churning from last night's vindaloo. I was repeating like a howitzer.

But good fun. No real goal chances. A shower-stinger on each knee.

1 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, Blogger Laika said...

Level of play is pretty good, I think, even in the thirds league. A lot more physical than Singapore, but I prefer that to having to cover all those tiny fast little dudes. It's a strange mix of skills, with people from all over, bringing in different styles of play.

Congrats on the title win...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home