Sunday, May 03, 2009

Soccer

Game two today, and another nil-nil draw. Obviously our star striker has yet to get his paperwork sorted. We were lucky to hold them off as well, but that's largely thanks to our star sweeper. Man, it's a treat to play in front of him.

I actually played my best game in years in the first half, with several key tackles, no mistakes, and kept my head up and made several good passes. I even had two clean chances off of corner kicks. The first, I pounced on a poor clearance, caught it on the short hop and forced a good kick save by the keeper. The second was flicked on, where I met it on the far post and it came off my thigh and into the post, only to bounce out and be cleared.

Second half, we tired (we only had 11 men show, it was a fairly warm day, and we're old), and so they had a lot more chances, but luckily weren't able to finish.

Fell on my knees a couple of times; the left one is bloody yet again. Also managed some sort of contusion just under my collar bone, which I have no idea how it happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home