Sunday, May 10, 2009

Soccer

Game three, right up the street from home. We were determined to score this week, even though our star striker STILL hasn't been approved. I had my usual role, but due to a lack of players, we ended up putting our coach/regular keeper in as striker, though he's not particularly known for his speed or ball skills. But what do you know, a half an hour in, he scores! The joy was short-lived, as they equalized about three minutes later. Halftime, 1-1.

We must've tired again, as we fell apart in the second half. Actually they were a very skilled team, and the goals high-quality, but we ended up copping another four goals, and losing 5-1. Partly due to the fact that we were chasing the game and starting going man-to-man on the back line, and partly due to us having no subs, again. I can't wait to play these guys again when we have our full roster.

All in all I didn't play too poorly. I had a few decent runs up that ended up in decent chances after I passed it off. Fell on knees AGAIN, some blood, but not as bad as previous weeks. General soreness as usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home