Sunday, May 24, 2009

Soccer

Missed the report from last week - the game was way out in Upper Woop Woop (aka BFE). Okay, it was just Eltham College. We scored, they scored twice, then we scored twice in the last five minutes for an awesome win.

Today we had our first home game, but not on a proper pitch - just a tiny little pitch near our usual home pitch (which is still recovering from the Grand Prix). I actually enjoyed playing on the smaller pitch. We had some of our key players back but weren't used to playing with them. We scored first again, but then they scored twice, and we had tons of chances that went begging. Including my own - I had a run from midfield, and after losing and recovering it a few times, I ended up with a clear chance by myself in the box, but I gave the ball a heavy touch and couldn't catch up with it. Final score - we lost, 2-1, and we should have won.

Injuries: Slight knee scrape, and a bit of a charley horse. Heels still problematic too; I might have to hit a PT this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home