Sunday, June 14, 2009

Soccer

Good game today as our winning ways are returning. I spent the time covering a fast skilled player who also unfortunately fell softly rather a lot. The first was in the first half, where I barely brushed him in the box, and he went down. I honestly thought that a penalty was called but it was just the ref giving him a yellow card for diving. Phew! Then in the second half I put my hand on his back as a ball floated in and he acted like he'd never been pushed so hard.

Anyway, we scored twice in the first half. They got one back on a penalty (not involving me) and we blew lots of chances, but held on to win 2-1.

No runs to speak of. No real injuries beyond my aching feet and back. I think I'm skipping next week's game to heal (and with our trip to SA coming the week after, it'll give me a whole month off).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home