Sunday, April 25, 2010

Soccer

Second match of the season. I was put back in defense, not surprisingly. We played at Darebin, the place with all the nice artificial turf pitches just up the road from my house.

By all accounts, I had a great first half, and we were leading 2-1 at half time. But then we blew it, or rather *I* blew it in the second, as I was beaten twice for two goals. Note to self: don't commit to tackles when there's no one behind you. We let in a fourth as well, and lost 4-2. I'm still bitter and disappointed about it. I left nothing on the pitch though.

My hip has been giving me issues but it held up, with the help of a couple of aspirins and a couple of Voltarens. My left knee feels wonky, like it's about to give out, but I didn't even feel it until an hour after the game.

On a side note, we now have two professional comedians on the team. I play with this guy and this guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home